I went back to the doctor this week for follow up blood tests and about my headaches that haven’t seemed to get better. So the good news, my ferritin levels are looking better. They should be between 100-120 but my are at 35 (which is better than the 12 we started with). The iron supplement I’ve been on has been helping. I can totally tell the days that I forget to take it.
My HDL (good cholesterol) is still too low. And the only way to fix it is to do (as the doctor puts it) mild exercise. Trying to get me to exercise is like pulling teeth. I just don’t like it. I think I need a workout buddy (who isn’t my loving and forgiving husband). I think I need someone who doesn’t necessarily exercise WITH me, but keep me accountable.
Another good step we are talking from my trip to the doctor yesterday is a trip to the neurologist for my headaches. I already have the appointment and everything. Now I just have to wait until Nov 3. I’m hoping we can figure out why I get headaches so often, but even if we don’t know exactly why we can know that nothing more serious is causing my headaches. So that’s good.
My cousin Krystal “tagged” me. Since I’m rarely thought of in this kind of game, I thought I’d play.
1. If your husband was out of the picture, what would you have named your child(ren)? (If you don’t have a child, then hypothetically.) Well, Spencer would have been Spencer. I’ve just always loved that name. 🙂
2. When do you usually go to bed? Lately, it’s been around midnight, but I prefer to go to bed around 11.
3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be? Europe (vague I know, but there is so much I want to see there).
4. If you could change one thing about yourself physically, what would it be? hmm, I’d be able to get this extra baby weight off and keep it that way!
5. If you could have one talent that you don’t already have, what would it be? I would love to be able to play the piano. Yes, I took lessons for a couple years, but even more years of not practicing will take that talent clean away.
6. If you had your choice, where would you live? We are so happy here, but really it doesn’t matter to me where we live as long as we’re together.
7. What material thing is on the top of your “wish list?” Right now, it’s a new van. So practical with little kid (kids, we will have more in the lifetime of that vehicle)
8. What is one of the dumbest things you have ever done? I think most of my roommates and parents will agree that is was dating a certain person who shall not be named (we do not speak his name) while in college. That was a really dumb 3ish weeks.
Now, I’m supposed to make up 8 questions and tag some more people. But I’m not feeling all that thoughtful at the moment. Thanks for thinking of me Krystal!